Benson, Kerrane, Storz & Nelson helps owners of income-producing and other commercial properties prosecute construction defect claims. Whether you own apartments, office, retail, or industrial property, holding the property’s developer, contractor, and/or subcontractors responsible for their mistakes is vital to protecting your investment and the future profitability of the property.
With commercial properties, it is essential to perform an exhaustive review of all contracts and agreements, and then to involve skilled engineers and experts to investigate the defects. Our attorneys will navigate through the legal pitfalls created by construction mistakes, and advise you on the strengths and weaknesses of your claims. When the time comes, we will negotiate wisely on your behalf, and if necessary, tenaciously advocate for your claims at trial or arbitration. BKSN is always mindful of ongoing business relationships when aggressive and adversarial litigation is not appropriate.
BKSN represents commercial property owners under contingent fee or hourly fee models, depending on the specific case and the owner’s preference.
Types of commercial construction defect claims that BKSN handles:
- Apartments and other multi-family for-rent properties
- Office or other commercial condominiums
- Manufacturing, warehouse, grow facility, and other industrial real estate
- Hospitals and other medical facilities
- Churches and other religious centers
- Hotels, motels
- Stadiums and other sports facilities
- Public works and infrastructure projects