Construction Product Defects
Benson, Kerrane, Storz & Nelson protects consumers that have defective construction products incorporated into their properties. Defective construction products not only fail to perform as intended, but often cause damage to other parts of the structure and/or cause energy waste and other financial losses as well. When product manufacturers refuse to honor their warranties, provide inadequate warranties, and/or breach statutory protections given to consumers (such as Uniform Commercial Code “UCC” implied warranties or state consumer protection statutes), BKSN fights vigorously for victim-product purchasers.
Defective construction product claims are often handled via class action lawsuit.
Types of defective construction product claims that BKSN handles:
- Siding (vinyl, cementitious, composite, hardboard, or other)
- Brick and stone masonry
- Roof shingles, membranes, flashings, and other roofing materials
- Pipes, fittings, fixtures, and other plumbing materials
- Windows and doors
- Glass curtain walls
- Solar panels and other electricity-generating equipment
- Paints, adhesives, and other waterproofing and coating products
- Retaining walls and their components
- Mechanical equipment such as furnaces, boilers, air conditioners, heat exchangers and pumps, etc.